On July 30, 2021, the Swiss Federal Statistics Office (UFS) published the 2022 version of the procedure code (CHOP) nomenclature in the German language. The version in the Italian and French languages will be published in October 2021.
Some examples of newly introduced codes per technology group are provided below:
- 35.F2.25 - Mitral valve replacement using xenograft (bioprosthesis), transapical with the use of a percutaneous apical access and closure system
- 44.33 - Gastroenterostomy without gastrectomy, endoscopic
- 51.38.31 - Anastomosis between the biliary tract and the gastrointestinal tract, endoscopic
- 52.96.11 - Anastomosis between the pancreatic duct and gastrointestinal tract, open surgical
- 37.6D.24 - Replacement of the left and right ventricular non-patient subcomponents of a biventricular cardiovascular support system, with a pump, without gas exchange function, extracorporeal
- 39.72.26 - Selective embolization of extracranial vessels of the head and neck with coils
- 39.79.96 - Selective embolization of abdominal and pelvic vessels, others
- 92.05.21 - Preliminary examination with intra-arterial application of holmium-166 labeled microspheres (Scout dose) for therapy planning of selective intravascular radionuclide therapy [SIRT]
- 99.2B.12 - Initial setup of treatment of advanced Parkinson's disease with a drug pump containing levodopa / carbidopa
- 39.72.16 - Selective embolization of intracranial vessels with coils
Obstetrics and gynecology
- 68.29.1C - Excision of lesion or tissue of the uterus, vaginal, laparoscopically assisted
- 70.42 - Colpectomy, total
- 75.B2.13 - Fetal cystoscopy
- 77.32.11 - Complex (multi-dimensional) osteotomy (with axis correction) on the humerus
- 81.85.22 - Subchondral bone opening of the elbow with insertion of an acellular implant, open surgical
- 81.95.22 - Suture of the capsule or ligament of the hip, arthroscopic
- 83.78.16 - Tendon transfer, lower extremity
- 20.44.99 - Mastoidectomy, subtotal resection of the temporal bone [subtotal petrosectomy], other
- 85.K4.13 - Mammaplasty with superior gluteal artery perforator flap [S-GAP]
See the 2022 CHOP nomenclature in German here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).