Recent news and posts
The winners of UK TechForce19 challenge announced
On 24 April 2020, NHSX, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), and the Ministry for Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) have announced 18 innovative digital solutions being awarded up to £25,000 under the TechForce19 challenge.
NHSX provides funding through 'Techforce 19' to innovators who can find digital ways to benefit those in need of help, including those in need of mental health support and social care. The technology is intended to help people who might be most impacted by the long term effects of remaining housebound during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over 1,600 bids submitted to respond to the challenge and successful projects include, but are not limited to:
- Feebris (app) helps carers to identify health risks and deterioration within elderly communities
- Neurolove.org to support young people with mental health – a platform that provides young people with a friendly ear and human support to help them stay virtually social and secure online
- Peppy for parents – helping parents and new parents receive trustworthy, easy guidance on perinatal and mental health problems remotely
- Vinehealth for cancer patients – a mobile app for cancer patients during treatment and for easy tracking and understanding of their care, including their symptoms, side effects, appointments and medications
- Beam for the homeless – a digital platform to help homeless people by accepting referrals from local authorities and homeless organizations to ensure the funding, distribution, and recording of products
See the full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.