On 10 April 2020, the Reimbursement Commission made changes to the SUT regarding response to the COVID-19 pandemic and introduced procedure codes regarding pandemic care service (including pandemic care service for ICU care) and immune plasma supply and application.
Healthcare Implementation Communique (Sağlık Uygulama Tebliği, SUT) is legislation created in 2007 by the Social Security Institute detailing the rules of fees and prices for medical products and services.
Reimbursement fees for procedures and devices were established in 2007 (Healthcare Implementation Communique, SUT) with significant updates in 2013 and only minor adjustments several times a year since then. Minor updates related mainly to pharmaceuticals.
On 10 April 2020, the Reimbursement Commission made changes to the SUT regarding response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following procedure codes were introduced:
- 510021 "Pandemic care service" with the tariff of 1,124 TRY
- 704942 "Immune plasma supply and application" with the tariff of 1,318 TRY
- P551990 "Pandemic care service (for the first step ICU care)" with the tariff of 371 TRY
- P551991 "Pandemic care service (for the second step ICU care)" with the tariff of 788 TRY
- P551992 "Pandemic care service (for the third step ICU care)" with the tariff of 1,485 TRY
These codes can be used for reimbursement purposes only during the COVID-19 pandemic.
See the full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.