Recent news and posts
Updates on Clinical Commissioning Work Programs in England
On November 04, 2020, NHS England published an update of the Specialized Services Policy Pipeline (as of October 19, 2020).
There are three types of Work Programmes:
- Clinical commissioning policy work program;
- Specialized commissioning service specification work program;
- Commissioning through evaluation work programs.
Updates were only made in the clinical commissioning policy work program.
- Four new Clinical Commissioning Policies were added to the work program:
- “MR-guided laser interstitial thermal therapy treatment of epileptogenic zones in children and adults with refractory focal epilepsy”
- “Fresh osteochondral allograft for osteochondral defects”
- “Autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplant for refractory coeliac disease”
- “Multi-grip prosthetic hands for upper limb amputations or congenital limb deficiency”
- Six new policies were published, however only one related to Medtech - “Proton beam therapy for children, teenagers and young Adults in the treatment of malignant and non-malignant tumours”
- One policy was discontinued - “Plasma Exchange for acute disseminated encephalomyelitis”
- No changes were made in paused polices status
- The status of ongoing policies updated as of October 19, 2020
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services “HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).