Recent news and posts
Two new health apps - Guardian Connect and icompanion joined mHealthBelgium
In June 2020, two new apps entered the level 1 of the mHealthBelgium validation pyramid. Guardian Connect smartphone application is a component of the Guardian Connect Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system for diabetes management. İcompanion software is a decision-making tool that helps physicians to choose medication for patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- The Guardian Connect app features:
- Record glucose values throughout the day and night and display them in a convenient and discrete manner on a mobile device
- Alert about glucose events using a mobile device
- Show the effects of exercise, diet, and medication on the glucose levels
- Allows sending Guardian Connect system data to the CareLink Personal website via automatic Sync to CareLink feature. This data is sent approximately every five minutes when an Internet connection to the website is available. CareLink reports, based on sensor history information are created every 24 hours
- The icompanion app features:
- Help MS patients with the home monitoring of their condition, so the patient can keep track of a lot of relevant information (daily mood, diary notes, treatments, therapies, and symptoms), that would otherwise be lost between doctor’s visits
- Allows to upload and view MRI scans
- Through a unique invite code, a patient can share icompanion information with their physician
- Provides an overview of the subclinical (visible on MRI), clinical and self-reported disease activity, compare it with other patients, builds a prognostic model that test medication virtually
- Allows the neurologist to quickly find the most effective medication for the patient
- Is not using any wearables or sensors. However, the company is actively looking into which existing technologies/platforms the app can be integrated to increase its value
Both apps are free of charge (at least for now).
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.