Recent news and posts
SwissDRG is open for suggestions for the change of the DRG system
The aim of the application process is to optimize the SwissDRG version 8.0 by considering the proposals in the development of SwissDRG version 9.0 / 2020. The proposals will be evaluated on the basis of case data for the year 2017. These data are codified with CHOP 2017 and ICD-10-GM 2016.
For this reason, only the proposals that refer to: grouper version 8.0 and to the CHOP 2017 and ICD-10-GM 2016 codes can be processed.
It is possible to present different types of proposals:
- Proposals for the further development of the SwissDRG tariff structure;
- Proposals for the further development of the list of drugs and substances detectable in medical statistics;
- Proposals for editorial changes to the SwissDRG tariff structure;
- Proposals for the further development of classifications (CHOP and ICD 10) and coding guidelines must be submitted on a separate form to the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Criteria for the elaboration of the suggestions:
- Reduction of variance in the whole system;
- Homogeneity of costs in the DRG of origin and destination;
- Cost differences for groups of adjacent cases;
- Differences in length of stay for groups of adjacent cases;
- Plausible and documentable logical changes at the medical level;
- Relevance (number of cases).
See the full report in Italian (change to French or German in top-right corner) here.
See the request procedure in Italian (change to French or German at the bottom) here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.