Recent news and posts
New mergers of the Clinical Commissioning Groups in England in 2021
NHS England and Improvement (NHSEI) approved the merging of 38 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) to create nine new CCGs that will take effect from April 2021.
In February 2021, Organisation Data Service (ODS) introduced nine new CCG codes. The 38 CCG codes will be legally closed on March 31, 2021, and are scheduled to be operationally closed on September 30, 2021. After these changes take place, the total number of CCGs will be 106.
The following nine new CCGs will be created:
- Bedfordshire, Luton, and Milton Keynes (merger of three CCGs)
- Hampshire, Southampton, and Isle of Wight (merger of six CCGs)
- Frimley (merger of three CCGs)
- North East London (merger of seven CCGs)
- North West London (merger of eight CCGs)
- Shropshire, Telford, and Wrekin (merger of two CCGs)
- Black Country and West Birmingham (merger of four CCGs)
- Coventry and Warwickshire (merger of three CCGs)
- Kirklees (merger of two CCGs)
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).