Recent news and posts
New eHealth pilot project by NHS Digital
NHS Digital is launching a pilot to build the process that will enable partner services to connect to NHS login, providing a single way for patients in England to verify their identity and then use the login to access digital health and care services.
NHS login is being developed as a way for people in England to prove who they are once then use a single login for digital health and care services through the relevant apps and websites.
The five selected partners represent the range of organizations who will connect with NHS login - from large, established organizations to new players in the market.
The five selected partners are:
- Tiny Medical Apps – a small organization whose Digital Health Passport is a new NHS-funded app for teenagers to manage long-term conditions like asthma
- eConsult – an online consultation tool used by 600 GP practices across 72 CCGs to deliver better, more efficient care to nearly 6 million patients.
- Helm –a person held record being developed in Leeds which enables people to contribute to their own health and care record. Engagement with users will determine the breadth of data that Helm contains but this will include GP, hospital, community, social care, and voluntary sector information.
- Audit and Transparency Summary Care Record - an NHS Digital programme giving people access to and audit of their Summary Care Records
- Digital Child Health – an NHS programme, working with Sitekit eRedbook, to enable a new digital version of the paper Personal Child Health Record (PCHR) – known as the Digital Redbook. It will allow parents and carers to view and access the care record of childhood immunizations, screening, and health check information.
NHS login has already been successfully tested with 3,400 patients across England as part of the NHS App pilot and is being used in the NHS App as it rolls out across the country.
From April 2019, the service will begin to work with other health and care organizations and suppliers to connect them to the service and as quickly as possible.
See full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.