Recent news and posts
New Digital Health Commission in Spain
On June 30, 2021, the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System has agreed to create the Digital Health Commission aiming to contribute to co-governance with the Autonomous Communities in this matter and facilitate the adoption of agreements that ensure the interoperability of projects and initiatives by the different public administrations.
The Commission will be composed of the General Secretary of Digital Health, Information, and Innovation of the National Health System (SNS) and a representative of each Council of the Autonomous Communities and Cities. It will include the newly created Subcommittee on Digital Health Services and Technologies and the Subcommittee on the Information System of the SNS.
The draft "Digital Health Strategy", prepared by the General Secretariat for Digital Health, Information, and Innovation, has been presented to open a process of consultation and observations.
The Strategy focuses primarily on the following objectives:
- Training and involvement of people in care for their health;
- Facilitation of people's relationship with the health services;
- Maximization of the value of processes for better performance of the public health system;
- Support for the work of the professionals;
- Support for the governance of the organizations;
- Creation of the National Health Data Space for the generation of scientific knowledge and the evaluation of services;
- Adaptation of the evolution of the SNS to the demands of today's society, applying innovation policies oriented at Medicine of 5P:
The Strategy is structured in three main lines of action:
- Development of digital health services aimed at people, organizations, and the processes that make up the health protection system;
- Generalization of the interoperability of health information;
- Promotion of the analysis of data related to health and the health system.
The Strategy is expected to take place in the period from 2021 to 2026, and it is fundamentally linked to the implementation of the funds associated with the "Recovery Assistance for Cohesion and the Territories of Europe (REACT-EU)" and the "Recovery and Resilience Facility".
The full details in Spanish can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.