Recent news and posts
List of ongoing small-scale experiments on novel methods of delivery care services in the Netherlands
In the Netherlands, there is a possibility to test novel ways of delivering health care services (e.g. mobile diagnostic modules, online counselling, telemonitoring, screening/diagnostic for some complex conditions in primary care etc.) by establishing short (3 years) experiments between health provider and insurance company.
After completion of experiment, analysis shall be performed about effect of the intervention. If it works, a new model can be population as novel type of care service in broader settings.
Pathway does not concern individual technologies, but rather ways of providing care
The process is administered by the Dutch Health Care Authority (NZa). Selected projects are awarded budget of maximum €500,000 annually.
NZa is considering projects which are aimed on:
- Introduction of new care delivery models with better cost-benefit ratio
- Increasing efficiency of organizations
- Improvement of quality of life of patients
See full list of the ongoing small-scale experiments as of February 2017 (n=30):
- Emergency GP care during the day
- Specialized stepped-care approach for tinnitus treatment
- Integral childbirth care
- Mental healthcare (first line of health care)
- Remote consultant support for GPs
- Lifestyle Coach
- Care transitions in anticoagulation management
- Multidisciplinary urgent care for elderly people by geriatric specialist in the first line of health care system
- Module Wise Gray - Integral Treatment Advice for Vulnerable Elderly
- Medical mentor
- Embrace - Integrated Elderly Care Program
- Provico (network of practitioners to improve mental care)
- Cardiotocography by obstetrics and midwives as an innovation in the first line of health care system
- Mobile X-ray
- Ambulatory lithium assay
- IncoCure Diagnostic Program (online questionnaire linked to a diagnostic expert system for women with urinary incontinence that generates a diagnosis and provides advice on lifestyle and therapy suitable for self-management)
- UMAMI – the way of treatment of patients with mental disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of neurological learning disabilities with or without psychodiagnostics
- Use of portable technology in health care (using of portable devices like Google glass in everyday care)
- Men’s health (complex care of men's health problems)
- Pelargos birth care
- Sleep apnea diagnosis in the first line of health care
- Huntington's Disease Clinic
- Ambulatory neuromodulation
- Amsterdam Healthy Weight Approach
- Amsterdam Noord Emergency care
- Multidisciplinary care for patients with mental illnesses
- Telemonitoring by cardiology centers for patients at home
- Online genetic counselling (web consulting/ hereditary advisory)
- School as a workshop (program for preventing the absenting and learning leaving of school for pupils)
See more details on ongoing experiments (including involved insurer and provider, timelines of the experiment) in Dutch here.
Contact us, if you need reimbursement support in the Netherlands.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.