Recent news and posts
Important dates for release of SwissDRG system
In February 2019, the entity that is in charge of the DRG system in Switzerland, SwissDRG, announced the publication dates of the SwissDRG 9.0/2020 catalog, but also information that concerns the suggestions regarding SwissDRG.
SwissDRG has announced the deadlines regarding the submission of suggestions regarding SwissDRG. The following proposals can be made:
- Proposals for the further development of the SwissDRG lump sum system
- Proposals for the further development of the list of medicines and substances that can be included in medical statistics
- Proposals for changes to the SwissDRG fee structure
The aim of the application process is to optimize the SwissDRG version 9.0 by considering the suggestions in the development of SwissDRG version 10.0 / 2021. The suggestions will be evaluated on the basis of case data for the year 2018. These data are codified with CHOP 2018 and ICD-10-GM 2016. Thus, only proposals which refer to the Grouper version 9.0 and abovementioned procedural coding can be processed.
The application module will be published on May 6, 2019. The proposals can be sent in the period June 3, 2019 – July 15, 2019.
SwissDRG has also announced 9.0/2020 publication dates, and these can be seen here:
- June 17, 2019 – catalog version (2017/2020)
- June 28, 2019 – planning version (2018/2020)
- August 23, 2019 – planning version (2019/2020)
- November 29, 2019 – tariff version (2020/2020)
See the whole news (in Italian, French or German) here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.