On January 28, 2021, the Innovation Committee at the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) published the first overview of the 28 innovative projects on new forms of medical care that will be funded.
The full list of funded projects is provided below:
- Breast cancer aftercare, follow up and program. The applicant is University Hospital Würzburg
- Care concept for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME). The applicant is Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Case management and nursing expertise as a preventive approach for adult people with intellectual disabilities. The applicant is the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Computer-assisted risk evaluation in the early detection of psychotic diseases. The applicant is Heinrich-Heine-University Dusseldorf
- Cooperation network for the local care of patients and families with a genetic tumor risk syndrome. The applicant is Hannover Medical School
- Development and evaluation of a trans-sectoral digital care platform for people with familial cancer risk. The applicant is Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Digitally supported sleep medicine - development of optimized patient pathways for obstructive sleep apnea. The applicant is Ruhrlandklinik, West German Lung Center at the University Hospital Essen gGmbH
- Elective promotion of rational antibiotic therapy. The applicant is the Association of Substitute Health Insurance Funds e. V. (vdek)
- Ensuring long-term success in geriatric rehabilitation. The applicant is Heidelberg University Hospital
- German network for personalized medicine. The applicant is University Hospital Tübingen
- Improvement of age-specific vaccination uptake. The applicant is the Association of Substitute Health Insurance Funds e. V. (vdek)
- Infrastructure and processes for optimized care of patients with chronic wounds - decentralized and close to regular care in Bremen. The applicant is the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians Bremen
- Intelligent, chatbot-assisted outpatient follow-up care for depression in adolescents and young adults. The applicant is the University of Greifswald
- Management of personalized lung cancer therapy through digital networking of treatment partners and patients. The applicant is the University of Cologne
- Network to strengthen the participation of the chronically ill using the example of multiple sclerosis. The applicant is the Professional Association of German Neurologists e. V.
- Optimization of sepsis therapy based on patient-specific digital precision diagnostics. The applicant is University Hospital Essen
- Optimizing post-clinical intensive care for neurological patients. The applicant is the Hospital of the University of Munich
- Patient-oriented.Differentiated.Interdisciplinary.Network.Therapy. The applicant is German Pain Society e. V.
- Personalized therapy for rheumatoid arthritis based on the model of psychoneuroimmunology. The applicant is the BKK regional association of Bavaria
- Primary hormone-sensitive breast cancer: needs-based optimization of care through a patient-centered, digital application. The applicant is Rechts der Isar Hospital of the Technical University of Munich
- Proactive instead of reactive symptom recognition in Parkinson's patients. The applicant is Philipps University of Marburg
- Res@t - Resource-strengthening adolescent and parent training for media-related disorders. The applicant is University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Risk End-Stage Renal Disease. The applicant is KfH Foundation for Preventive Medicine
- Smartphone-assisted osteoarthritis training with education. The applicant is Bochum University of Health
- Structured, intersectorally networked, multi-professional, digitized program for optimizing cardiovascular prevention. The applicant is Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Supplementary orthopedic preventive medical check-ups for children to avoid permanent skeletal deformities. The applicant is Baden-Württemberg Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians
- Telemedical monitoring for COPD patients. The applicant is LungenClinic Großhansdorf GmbH
- Trans-sectoral personalized care concept for patients with rare and advanced cancer diseases. The applicant is the Hospital of the University of Munich
The full details in German can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.