Recent news and posts
The G-BA Innovation Committee published funding priorities in Germany
On June 27, 2022, the Innovation Committee at the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) published the determined funding priorities for healthcare research projects (seven topics) and clinical guidelines (four topics).
The following funding priorities were defined for healthcare research projects:
- Health in climate change;
- Digitization and networking of quality-assured guideline knowledge and further development of the methodology;
- Health services research to improve the situation of affected people when it comes to the provision of medical aids;
- Improvement of specialist medical and dental care in inpatient care facilities;
- Prerequisites for the development and requirements for the implementation of eHealth in patient care;
- Health services research on aftercare and discharge management;
- Drug therapy: implications of switching from best supportive care (BSC) or off-label use (OLU) to indication-specific approved drugs.
The deadline for submitting ideas is October 25, 2022, at noon.
The funding priorities for clinical guidelines include:
- Care for more frequent diseases with a cross-sectoral need for coordination;
- Care for target groups with special needs (e.g., children, young people, elderly and/or people in need of care, gender-specific characteristics, people with disabilities, ethical aspects);
- The health of the population/public health (e.g., health promotion, prevention through lifestyle modification, protective measures, health communication);
- Intensive care of critically ill patients.
The deadline for submitting ideas is September 27, 2022, at noon.
Applications can only be submitted in electronic form via the internet portal of the project sponsor responsible for handling the funding measures, the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR).
The full details in German can be found here, here (healthcare research projects: topic-specific funding announcement), here (healthcare research projects: open-topic funding announcement), and here (funding announcement for clinical guidelines).
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.