Recent news and posts
The final version of the Norwegian DRG system for 2021 released
In December 2020, the Norwegian Directorate of Health published a final version of the DRG system (Innsatsstyrt finansiering, ISF) for 2021. The following documents were updated:
- Diagnosis-related groups (DRG) list
- Special Service Groups list (Særtjenestegrupper, STG), which cover specialist health services that take place in other than traditional inpatient and outpatient settings, as extended over a long period of time and so that the patient himself is more responsible for the administration of the treatment (e.g., patient-administered peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis, telemedicine)
- Service Progress Groups list (Tjenesteforløps grupper, TFG), which refers to "bundled payments", so it is an aggregated level above DRG and STG, providing financing of a patient treatment course with several stays and activities (e.g., dialysis treatment, insertion of hip prostheses)
- Grouping logic definition tables
- ISF regulations (ISF-regelverk)
- DRG manual (Grunnlagsdokument ISF)
Four new DRGs, which regard endocrine procedures, diabetes, and physical exercise therapy, were added.
- 287O Other procedures on endocrine organs, day surgery
- 294C Diabetes >35 years with comorbidities or complications
- 294N Diabetes >35 years without comorbidities or complications
- 992O Physical exercise therapy as part of specialist health services for patients with somatic diseases
Four new STG codes were introduced in the fields of patient-administered drug treatment and online treatment for somatic conditions.
Thirty-three new TFG codes were added in the field of maternity and mental health care. However, none of the new TFG codes will be reimbursed yet. These codes will be used for data collection only and could be reimbursed in the future. Only seven TFG codes (same as for 2020) have relevant tariffs.
See more information in Norwegian here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).