On March 08, 2021, Academic Health Science Networks (ASHN) announced twelve innovators ("Fellows") and innovations selected to join NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) award-winning program in 2021. NIA is an NHS England and Improvement initiative delivered in partnership with England's 15 AHSNs, hosted at UCLPartners. Since it launched in 2015, the NIA has supported the uptake and spread of 74 evidence-based innovations across more than 2,475 NHS sites.
The twelve innovations selected to join the NIA in 2021 are:
- AcuPebble SA100: a wearable CE-marked medical device able to accurately and non-invasively diagnose sleep apnea from the patient's home
- Brain in Hand: a digital innovation using coaching principles and practical support to help people living with anxiety and other neurodevelopmental conditions
- Cyted: a digital diagnostic infrastructure to provide services for the earlier detection of disease through proprietary machine learning
- Definition Health: a digital pre- and post-op communications tool between hospital and patient, providing the first end to end journey for surgical patients in the UK
- Feebris: a mobile-based software platform powered by AI that helps users (clinical or non-clinical) to detect and triage respiratory deterioration remotely
- Infinity Health: a digital platform on which health and care staff log, share and coordinate their daily tasks in real-time, replacing paper-based manual methods
- KiActiv: a mentor-guided digital service that empowers people to make sustainable behavior change in the context of their health, capacity, and environment, without the need to visit gyms or clinics
- Little Journey: a smartphone-based health behavior modification tool that provides end-to-end support for families to reduce children's anxiety before a healthcare procedure
- MUTU System: an at-home online program of exercises to help women heal and strengthen from pelvic symptoms and associated mental health concerns post-baby
- Oxford Medical Simulation: providing clinical experiences on-demand through the use of virtual reality so doctors and nurses can practice caring for virtual patients whenever they need to
- Oxehealth: a contact-free vision-based patient monitoring platform for use in hospitals (mental health) and nursing facilities
- Vinehealth: a digital platform that uses behavioral science and AI to improve the quality of life and survival of cancer patients through highly personalized patient support
See the full details here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).