At the information meeting on October 13, 2020, Norwegian Directorate for e-Health presented planned changes in the coding system (NCSP-NCMP-NCRP) for 2021.
Changes in surgical procedures classification (NCSP):
Two new surgical procedure codes for laparoscopy
- JCE31 “Laparoscopic surgery for oesophageal atresia or congenital tracheoesophageal fistula”
- JGB21 “Laparoscopic partial recto-sigmoidectomy and abdominoperineal pull-through anastomosis”
Changes in procedure codes the cruciate knee ligament procedures
- Twelve codes retired
- Two new categories added - for primary reconstruction and revision reconstruction
Changes in radiological procedures classification (NCRP):
Two new radiology procedure codes were introduced:
- PJK40K “Marker insertion in the axillary lymph node, ultrasound-guided” - a new procedure for neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer
- SAC0AK “UL Neuromuscular ultrasound” for investigation and follow-up of neuromuscular disease
Publication of 2021 code lists and the document listing the introduced changes is planned for October 2020; the coding guide is planned to be issued in December 2020.
See the full presentation from the information meeting here
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services “HTA Alerts” and “Reimbursement Alerts” every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).