Recent news and posts
Changes in the structure of commissioning organizations England
In April 2020, 14 NHS England (Region, Local Offices) officies will be replaced by 42 sustainability and transformation partnerships as the Higher Level Health Authority in the organization reference data. The number of CCGs would also be changed (to 135 CCGs).
The following changes will come in force 1 April 2020:
- 14 Local Offices:
- Closing and being removed as organization data service’ higher level of health geography
- 42 sustainability and transformation partnership:
- Replacing the 14 Local Offices as organization data service’ higher level of health geography
- 5 sustainability and transformation partnership:
- Boundary changes
- 74 CCGs:
- Closing and merging to create 18 new CCGs
- 19 Commissioning hubs:
- Five hubs are changing the name
- Five new hubs being created
- GP Practice:
- Changing CCG membership
The number of Clinical Commissioning Groups and commissioning hubs sitting underneath this middle tier is also changing as there are a number of mergers occurring at this level. Commissioning hubs will no longer relate to the middle tier of the hierarchy.
See the full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.