Recent news and posts
Basic Insurance Package was updated in the Netherlands in June 2019
At the beginning of June 2019, the National Healthcare Institute (Zorginstituut Nederland, ZIN) has published an Overview of the healthcare services, which were excluded or included with restrictions into Basic Insurance Package. This document provides an overview of all healthcare activities within the DBC funding system for specialist medical care, for which the claim code (aanspraakcode) was created. This document does not provide a complete overview of all ZIN activities as well as the full coverage of the Health Insurance Act (Zorgverzekeringswet, Zvw). Healthcare activities without a claim code are not included in this document, but that does not mean that restrictions or exclusion are not applied to them.
Several updates included in the overview in 2019 are provided below:
- Percutaneous liver perfusion with melphalan in patients with liver-dominant, unresectable liver metastases from a uveal melanoma was incorporated in the basic package with restrictions (claim code 2601) under the following procedure code:
- 035282 “Percutaneous isolated liver perfusion with extracorporeal filtration.”
- CardioMEMS PA Monitoring in patients with chronic heart failure (NYHA class III) with recurrent hospital admissions was included in the basic package as an intervention in the context of the research without any claim codes. The following procedure codes were provided for this procedure:
- 032715 “Implantation of intra-arterial pulmonary manometer in the context of CardioMEMS study, including materials”
- 032716 “Remote pulmonary artery pressure-monitoring system in the context of CardioMEMS study”
See full details in Dutch here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.