Recent news and posts
2020 NHS Innovation Accelerator innovations announced in England
On March 5, 2020, the NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) announced the 11 high impact innovations that will enter the national accelerator in 2020. As outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan, the technologies that enter the award-winning NIA provide solutions that help prioritize areas for NHS.
The recruitment of these innovations follows an international call and comprehensive selection process involving evaluation by more than 100 clinical, patient and commercial assessors, informal assessment by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), interviews, and due diligence.
The newly established group includes a medically certified smartwatch app capable of detecting atrial fibrillation, a device that reduces parental anxiety by allowing for quicker diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and an artificial intelligence (AI) platform that brings the voices of patients to life to improve treatment.
The 2020 cohort Fellows and innovations are:
- Locum's Nest - software platform aiming to solve the staffing crisis through total workforce mobility by connecting healthcare professionals to vacant work
- RIX Wiki - software that enables people with learning disabilities to share personal health and care information for effective person-centred support in their communities
- MediShout - digital platform and an app, improving operational efficiencies in hospitals
- Fibricheck - prevents strokes by enabling early detection of heart rhythm disorders, with a focus on atrial fibrillation
- Management and Supervision Tool (MaST) - a dashboard that uses predictive analytics to develop insights which can support staff to deliver high-quality, effective mental care
- Health Navigator - AI-guided proactive health coaching to prevent avoidable urgent and emergency care
- Safe Steps - reducing the number of preventable falls in the ageing population through digital, evidence-based interventions
- Patient Experience Platform (PEP) - AI platform transforming healthcare and improving safety by empowering the digital voice of patients
- The WaterDrop - solving the issue that vulnerable patients have in reaching, lifting or holding drinks and helping prevent dehydration and avoidable intravenous drips
- MyPreOp - patient-driven online preoperative assessment
- QbTest - a test using objective measures to speed up ADHD diagnosis and improve treatment evaluation
See the full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.