Recent news and posts
Updates of the French DRG system in April 2019
On the 24th of April 2019, the French Technical Agency for Hospital Information (ATIH) released a technical note in connection with the 2019 tariff campaign. It is composed of three annexes:
- Updated related to the financing of hospitalization benefits
- Technical terms of tariff construction
- Supplement on the rules of coding and collection of the activity
Several critical updates in relation to the funding of hospitalization benefits are outlined below:
- The list of DRGs has been updated by deleting the increased DRG for the fractional flow reserve (FFR). Previously, the stays differed depending on the presence of FFR. Now, they are still classified in the same DRG with the basic tariff. The medical device associated with this practice is currently funded under Title V of the LPPR list
- In order to reduce waiting times for lung transplants, a package to finance the rehabilitation and infusion costs of the pulmonary system under the label "Valorisation by use of machine perfusion-ventilation for the ex vivo rehabilitation of a pulmonary graft" was created in the 2019 campaign for grafting establishments
- Two innovative packages for PULSANTE and WISE CRT devices are allocated to authorized establishments for the implementation under Article L. 165-1-1 of the Social Security Code
See the full information in French here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.