The Clinical Coding and Schedule Development (CCSD) develops and maintains procedural and diagnostics nomenclature for private payers in England. Once codes are added to the Schedule, a private insurance company can develop reimbursement tariff for these procedures and tests.
The CCSD Group has approved the following procedure codes for publication to the CCSD Schedule in August:
- Aqueous shunt tube surgery for glaucoma (including topical or local anaesthetic) including donor patch - unilateral (C6051)
- Aqueous shunt tube surgery for glaucoma (including topical or local anaesthetic) including donor patch - bilateral (C6052)
- Fat plug myringoplasty (D1421)
- Transforaminal epidural (lumbar) (A5293)
- Transforaminal epidural (caudal) (A5294)
- Transforaminal epidural (thoracic) (A5292)
- Transforaminal epidural (cervical) (A5291)
The following requests have been declined or withdrawn:
- Biopsy of skin, suspicious skin lesion or subcutaneous tissue (S1500) – due to sufficient current narrative
- Injection into subcutaneous tissue under local anaesthetic (S5210) and two or more injections into subcutaneous tissue under local anaesthetic (S5240) – the Working Group would prefer new codes for any activity previously covered under S5210 and S5240.
See full information here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.