Recent news and posts
Rapid HTAs of six medical devices released in Tuscany
The HTA body of the Tuscany Regional Healthcare issues three types of documents: full HTA reports, rapid HTA reports, and motivational forms. With regional decree 15937 of August 4, 2022, Tuscany Regional Healthcare has published assessments of six medical devices in various therapeutic areas, such as cardiovascular and peripheral vascular areas, neurovascular procedures, gastroenterology, and dermatology.
Below is the list of technologies that have been assessed:
- Long sheath Ballast 088 system for the introduction of interventional devices into the peripheral vascular, coronary, and nervous systems
- Pulsed field ablation catheter FARAWAVE for the treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation
- Endoscopic tattooing system Echo Tip Ultra for radiographically marking soft tissues reachable by digestive endoscopy in anticipation of a future therapeutic procedure
- LIGHTNING 7 and LIGHTNING 12 catheters and suction tube LIGHTNING for INDIGO mechanical thrombus aspiration system
- WavelinQTM EndoAVF system for endovascular creation of an arteriovenous fistula (update of the last assessment published in November 2021)
- Vulnofast plus + Vulnolight, antibacterial gel with photodynamic activation for the local treatment of skin lesions and ulcers (update of the assessment published in June 2022)
See the regional decree and all assessments in Italian here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks). First EU issues of both newsletters are available for download free-of-charge.