Recent news and posts
Ongoing HTAs by the Galician Scientific and Technical Advice Unit
The Galician Scientific and Technical Advice Unit in Spain (AVALIA-T) systematically evaluates healthcare technologies and provides decision-makers with critically reviewed information about their efficacy, safety, and effectiveness.
As of May 24, 2021, the AVALIA-T is working on the following assessments related to medical procedures or technologies:
- Biomonitoring of Hexachlorocyclohexane metabolites as exposure markers and their utility in exposed individuals monitoring;
- Endovascular treatment of varicose veins: radiofrequency ablation and cyanoacrylate venous adhesive;
- Effectiveness and safety of epiduroscopy in the treatment of failed back surgery syndrome and lumbar spinal stenosis;
- Bronchial thermoplasty for severe acute asthma;
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs) in pediatric patients with an indication for permanent destination therapy;
- Monitoring study protocol: Left ventricular assist devices in destination therapy;
- Oral home enteral nutrition in cancer patients requiring modification of the oral diet by mucositis even if there is no malnutrition;
- Home enteral nutrition in elderly patients with severe protein-energy malnutrition after hip fracture. Systematic review;
- Oral home enteral nutrition in the cancer patient in active treatment and with severe malnutrition that does not reverse through the single intake of food for ordinary consumption;
- Organizational models for the provision of palliative care;
- Update on the clinical effectiveness of neonatal screening for congenital metabolic errors: maple syrup urine disease, isovaleric acidemia, and homocystinuria;
- Protocol for proper use of tests and results of 25-hydroxy-vitamin D;
- Clinical Practice Guide on palliative care for adults in the last days;
- Methodological development line: Development of the PriTec application;
- Methodological development line: Plan for the detection of emerging technologies;
- Comparative results of the different screening strategies for trisomies 21, 13, and 18: adaptation of the EUnetHTA report.
The details of the ongoing assessments can be found here.
This news is just one of about 300 market access news collected by our team in the subscription services "HTA Alerts" and "Reimbursement Alerts" every two weeks from more than 80 organizations. Access our paid subscription services to stay on top of all developments specifically for your products in Europe (reimbursement news) and globally (HTA news).
Not ready for a subscription service? Subscribe to our free-of-charge newsletter delivered every second week to get updates about key reimbursement developments in Europe (10-12 news every two weeks).