Recent news and posts
IQWiG defines five new topics for HTA reports in Germany
Annually, the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG), asks the citizens to propose the topics for the future health technology assessment (HTA) reports at the website of ThemenCheck Medizin service. The IQWiG collects these proposals and then determines up to five topics of current interest per year for HTA development. There HTAs selection is carried out in two stages:
- Selection of 15 key topics by citizens and patient representatives
- Discussion of the topics selected in the first phase between the IQWiG and the members of the extended advisory board from a scientific point of view with the following final decision
On March 13, 2020, the IQWiG has presented the chosen five themes for the development of HTA reports:
- Cystitis: Do herbal remedies help with recurrent cystitis?
- Heart disease in children: Can psychological support received help children cope with their illness?
- Social isolation in the elderly: Which measures can prevent or counteract social isolation?
- Blood values: Do the elderly benefit from regular determination of vitamin B12 and vitamin D blood levels?
- Mobility disorders: Does the Feldenkrais Method help?
All questions received by the ThemenCheck Medizin service by July 31, 2020, will be included in the next selection round from August 2020.
The full details in German can be found here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.