Recent news and posts
Austrian Ministry of Health published recommendations for systematic HTA
In early June 2020, the Austrian Ministry of Health published recommendations for further actions in the establishment of systematic HTA in the Austrian healthcare system, which were released by the Federal Target Steering Commission in April.
Currently, HTA is used selectively in the Austrian healthcare system. Twelve goal-oriented and actionable recommendations for the establishment of systematic HTA were developed by the Austrian HTA experts:
- Definition of areas in which HTA is to be used as decision support
- HTA in the context of target control health
- Definition of processes and definition of responsibilities
- Identification, pre-selection, prioritization, and selection of topics
- Preparation of an HTA report - method standards
- Evaluation of the prepared information and derivation of recommendations (Appraisal)
- Decision and uniform implementation in the health system
- Communication and dissemination of results
- Strengthening the institutional anchoring of HTA
- Capacity building
- Exchange of information
See the full details here.
Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every second week not to miss important reimbursement information.