Hemodialysis for acute kidney injury
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for use of hemodialysis as treatment for acute kidney injury. The analysis will cover adult patients only.
Sample pages are provided for an older version of the report. Before delivery to the client, the report is updated to the current state (e.g., 2022 coding, tariffs, and policy considerations).
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.
Manufacturers of equipment of hemodialysis for acute kidney injury:
- Allmed Group (POLYPURE, HF)
- Asahi Kasei Medical (MDS-101, APS, Rexeed, ViE, KF-201, Cureflo)
- B. Braun (OMNI, Diapact CRRT, OMNIfilter, Haemoselect, Diacap, Dialog iQ, Xevonta, Diacap Pro)
- Baxter (Theranova, Prismaflex, Prismax, Phoenix X36, Polyflux 6H, Revaclear, Artis Physio)
- Bellco/Medtronic (SIMPLY BEYOND, AMPLYA, CARPEDIEM)
- Biolight Meditech (D-30, DTB-100F, DTB-100)
- CR Bard/ BD (Decathlon, Equistream, Glidepath, Hemosplit, Hickman, Reliance, Soft-cell, Power-trialysis, DuoGlide, Brevia, Niagara)
- Dialife Group (Diadvance)
- Informed (HF440)
- Farmasol (Dialyzer, Catridge)
- Kawasumi Laboratories (Dialyzers)
- Fresenius (multiFiltratePRO, multiFiltrate)
- Landwind Medical (AISO-3038, JHM-2028A, JHM-2028M, JH-4048, JH-5058)
- Nikkiso (Aquarius, DBB-EXA, DBB-07, DBB-06, DBB-27, FDX, FDY)
- Nipro Medical (Surdial-X, Surdial – 55Plus, Elisio, Sureflux, Solacea)
- Medica (ACUSmart, Smartflux)
- Serumwerk Bernburg (Dialyzers, cartridges)
- SWS Medical (SWS-6000, SWS-4000, SWS-5000)
- Toray Medical (TQS-88, TR-8000)
- Outset Medical (Tablo)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
In November 2022, NHS Digital published a final summary of core changes from OPCS-4.9 to OPCS-4.10 to be introduced from April 01, 2023. OPCS-4 is a statistical classification for clinical coding of interventions and procedures undertaken within the NHS. It is updated every three years. A total of 236 new four-character codes will be implemented in OPCS-4.10. Key changes concern cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endoscopy, ENT, nephrology and urology, neurology and neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic, and breast surgery fields.Read more
MedTech-related health technology assessments from NIHR in October 2022
In October 2022, the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) in England released one MedTech-related report in its Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Journal, which concerned photodynamic versus white-light-guided resection of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. HTA Journal publishes research reports on the effectiveness, costs, and broader impact of health technologies for those who use, manage, and provide care in the NHS and informs National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance.
The French National Authority for Health released new recommendations about add-on reimbursement of medical devices and medical aids from the meetings of the National Commission for Evaluation of Medical Devices and Health Technologies in September 2022. Thirty-eight recommendations were published in relation to the registration, modification of registration conditions, and renewal of registration for devices in the List of reimbursable products and services. Opinions concern cardiovascular and peripheral vascular, neurovascular and neuromodulation, orthopedic, endocrine, ENT, dermatological, and spine-related devices, as well as digital care and medical aids.Read more
In July 2022, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) published two new Interventional Procedure Guidance (transcatheter tricuspid valve annuloplasty for tricuspid regurgitation, and transcatheter tricuspid valve leaflet repair for tricuspid regurgitation), one new Diagnostic Guidance (PLGF-based testing to help diagnose suspected preterm pre-eclampsia), and four new Medtech Innovation Briefings (ProciseDx point-of-care platform for IBD, RespiraSense for continuously monitoring respiratory rate, Lenus COPD Support Service, and cyanoacrylate glue for hernia mesh fixation). Also, five clinical guidelines were updated.Read more
In June 2022, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) published three new Interventional Procedure Guidance (vertebral body tethering for idiopathic scoliosis, nerve graft for corneal denervation, and synthetic cartilage implant insertion for first metatarsophalangeal joint osteoarthritis). Also, four new clinical guidelines were published.Read more