Endovascular repair (EVAR) of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for endovascular repair (EVAR) of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
Only EVAR for unruptured aneurysm is considered.
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
Manufacturers of devices for aortic stent graft for treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm include:
- Bolton Medical (Treovance)
- Cook Medical (Zenith Flex)
- Cordis (Incraft)
- Endologix (Nellix, Ovation iX, Powerlink, Eptfe AFX, AFX2)
- Gore (Excluder)
- Lombard Medical (Aorfix)
- Medtronic (AneuRx, AAAdvantage, Talent, Endurant II)
- Vascutek (Anaconda)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
In October, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) published one new interventional procedure guidance for selective internal radiation therapy for unresectable primary intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, one updated medical technologies guidance endoluminal stent graft system designed for treating aneurysms and dissections of the thoracic aorta and one new medical technologies guidance for a titanium implant intended for use in people with chronic sacroiliac joint pain and three new medtech innovation briefings for device used for babies and children up to 30 kg who need mechanical ventilation, gammaCore for cluster headache and system that delivers warmed and humidified respiratory gases, including at high-flow rates.Read more