Cardiac resynchronization therapy
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for cardiac resynchronization therapy.
Both Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Pacemaker (CRT-P) and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator (CRT-D) are considered.
Reimbursement analysis will cover the following procedures:
- Implantation of CRT system
- Replacement of CRT system
- Removal of CRT system
The following indications will be considered:
- Congestive heart failure
- Ventricular tachycardia
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
Manufacturers of devices for cardiac resynchronization system (CRT and CRT-D) include:
- Abbott Vascular (Quadra Allure, Quadra Assura)
- Biotronik (Inventra 7HF-T, Intica CRT-DX ProMRI, Ilvia -HF-T QP ProMRI, Etrinsa 8HF-T, Edora 8 HF-T QP)
- Boston Scientific (Dynagen X4, Inogen, Momentum, Resonate, Vigilant, Valitude X4, Intua, Invive)
- MicroPort (Reply, Platinium)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
On the 16th of February of 2019, the approval for financing of WISE CRT system in a framework of “forfait innovation” program was released in the Official French Gazette. This financing is provided for the 48-months period; it includes the amount of €25,600 and cannot be combined with other benefits. It is fully covered by the compulsory health insurance schemes.Read more
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Report includes both Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Pacemaker (CRT-P) and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator (CRT-D) are considered. The analysis covers procedure coding, payment mechanism, reimbursement tariffs and policy restrictions in 11 EU countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.Read more
At the beginning of August 2017, the French National Authority for Health (HAS) published a health technology assessment of systems for remote monitoring for implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD). The aim of this assessment was an update and clarification of arrangements for the provision of implantable cardioverter defibrillator systems (ICDS) to improve the quality of care for patients with ICD and to promote the deployment of effective solutions in the country.Read more