Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for cardiac pacemakers.
Both single- and dual-chamber pacemakers are considered. Use of pacemakers is considered in complete atrioventricular block and obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Reimbursement analysis covers the following procedures: implantation, replacement and removal of pacemaker.
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
Manufacturers of devices for cardiac pacemakers include:
- Abbott Vascular (Assurity MRI, Endurity MRI)
- Biotronik (Enitra, Effecta, Epyra, Estella, Evia, Edora)
- Boston Scientific (Essentio, Accolade, Ingenio, Advantio, Vitalio)
- Qinming Medical (Qinming)
- MicroPort CRM (Kora, Reply, Esprit)
- Medico S.p.A. (Gea, Hera, Eos, Sophos, Helios, Mythos, Easy Plus)
- Medtronic (Azure, Advisa MRI, Adapta, Micra, Revo MRI SureScan, Sensia, Versa, EnRhythm, EnPulse, Sigma, Kappa)
- Pacetronix (Tiranga, Pinnacle, CHARAK, Pinnacle-R)
- Vitatron (Vitatron)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
On February 19, 2019 the new “Catalog of Goods and Services” for the centralized purchasing platform was presented to the regional health authorities by the Minister of Health. This new catalog includes up to 25,000 items, including drugs and health products.Read more