Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for cardiac pacemakers.
Both single- and dual-chamber pacemakers are considered. Use of pacemakers is considered in complete atrioventricular block and obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Reimbursement analysis covers the following procedures: implantation, replacement and removal of pacemaker.
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.
Manufacturers of devices for cardiac pacemakers include:
- Abbott Vascular (Assurity MRI, Endurity MRI)
- Biotronik (Enitra, Effecta, Epyra, Estella, Evia, Edora)
- Boston Scientific (Essentio, Accolade, Ingenio, Advantio, Vitalio)
- Qinming Medical (Qinming)
- MicroPort CRM (Kora, Reply, Esprit)
- Medico S.p.A. (Gea, Hera, Eos, Sophos, Helios, Mythos, Easy Plus)
- Medtronic (Azure, Advisa MRI, Adapta, Micra, Revo MRI SureScan, Sensia, Versa, EnRhythm, EnPulse, Sigma, Kappa)
- Pacetronix (Tiranga, Pinnacle, CHARAK, Pinnacle-R)
- Vitatron (Vitatron)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
In late March 2021, multiple new procedure codes were introduced by the Code Service of the Finnish National Health and Wellbeing Institution (THL), including ten neuromodulation codes, 54 codes in the ophthalmology area, and three codes in the cardiovascular area.Read more
On February 18, 2021, the updated List of Reimbursable Products and Services (LPPR) was published. It contains new devices included in the LPPR list in January-February 2021, as well as other modifications made during this period. The newly-included devices belong to the cardiovascular (TAVI), ENT (cochlear and brainstem implants), and diagnostic imaging (FFR) technology groups.Read more
In March 2021, the new mini-HTAs of five technologies were initiated in Norway: Harpoon - transapical neochordae device, tricuspidal clip, portable hand-held spirometry, CGM device and insulin pump, and portable spirometry device. The final mini-method assessment will be published in the National Database for Mini-HTA.Read more
The HTA body of the Tuscany Regional Healthcare issues two types of documents: HTA forms and motivational forms. With a regional decree 554 of January 18, 2021, Tuscany Regional Healthcare has published assessments of eight medical devices of various therapeutic areas, including devices for the treatment of cardiovascular conditions, personal diabetes management system, endoscopic devices, and pedicle screw system.Read more
On January 29, 2021, the Institute for the Hospital Remuneration System (InEK) has published the List of the requests for innovation funding (NUB) that were submitted by the hospitals in 2020. The medical technologies belonging to the cardiovascular, ENT, eHealth, gastrointestinal, neuromodulation, neurovascular, orthopedic, and other technology groups obtained positive status 1.Read more