Open replacement of heart valves (all valves)
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for open replacement of heart valves (aortic, mitral, tricuspid and pulmonary).
Report includes information about two types of prosthetic heart valves:
- biological valves
- mechanical prosthetic valves
Open replacement of heart valves will be analyzed in conjunction with open coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
The following indications will be considered:
- Aortic stenosis
- Mitral insufficiency
- Tricuspid insufficiency
- Pulmonary valve insufficiency
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.
Manufacturers of devices for heart valves (for open or thoracoscopic placement, not percutaneous)
- Abbott Vascular (Trifecta, SJM Regent, Epic™ Mitral)
- CryoLife Life Technologies, Inc. (On-X)
- Edwards Lifesciences (INSPIRIS RESILIA, EDWARDS INTUITY Elite, Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna-Ease)
- Labcor (Dokimos Plus)
- Lepu Medical (GK-3)
- LivaNova (Perceval, Crown PRT, Solo Smart, Mitroflow with PRT, Bicarbon Aortic Family, Carbomedic Aortic family)
- Medtronic (Avalus Bioprosthesis, Hancock II, Hancock II Ultra, Mosaic, Mosaic Ultra, Freestyle, Open Pivot)
- TTK Healthcare (Chitra)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
On October 30, 2020, the Swiss Federal Statistics Office (UFS) published the 2021 version of the procedure code (CHOP) nomenclature in French and Italian. The version in the German language was published in July 2020. The most important changes regard cardiovascular and peripheral vascular interventions.Read more
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for open replacement of heart valves (aortic, mitral, tricuspid and pulmonary). Report includes information about two types of prosthetic heart valves: biological valves, mechanical prosthetic valves. Open replacement of heart valves will be analyzed in conjunction with open coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG). The analysis covers procedure coding, payment mechanism, reimbursement tariffs and policy restrictions in 11 EU countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.Read more