Open replacement of heart valves (all valves)
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for open replacement of heart valves (aortic, mitral, tricuspid and pulmonary).
Report includes information about two types of prosthetic heart valves:
- biological valves
- mechanical prosthetic valves
Open replacement of heart valves will be analyzed in conjunction with open coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
The following indications will be considered:
- Aortic stenosis
- Mitral insufficiency
- Tricuspid insufficiency
- Pulmonary valve insufficiency
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
Manufacturers of devices for heart valves (for open or thoracoscopic placement, not percutaneous)
- Abbott Vascular (Trifecta, SJM Regent, Epic™ Mitral)
- CryoLife Life Technologies, Inc. (On-X)
- Edwards Lifesciences (INSPIRIS RESILIA, EDWARDS INTUITY Elite, Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna-Ease)
- Labcor (Dokimos Plus)
- Lepu Medical (GK-3)
- LivaNova (Perceval, Crown PRT, Solo Smart, Mitroflow with PRT, Bicarbon Aortic Family, Carbomedic Aortic family)
- Medtronic (Avalus Bioprosthesis, Hancock II, Hancock II Ultra, Mosaic, Mosaic Ultra, Freestyle, Open Pivot)
- TTK Healthcare (Chitra)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.