Magnetic resonance imaging in ambulatory settings
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in ambulatory settings.
Both MRI with and without contrast are considered.
All procedure codes will be provided in the analysis.
When fee for service payment model is used, all fees for available reimbursement codes will be provided.
When DRG payment model is used, reimbursement analysis will cover the following indications:
- MRI of head in malignant neoplasm of brain
- MRI of spine in metastatic spine lesions
- MRI of abdomen in hepatocellular carcinoma
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
Policy analysis will include reimbursement decisions and health technology assessments for stand-alone MRI imaging method. Recommendations for MRI imaging as part of broader evaluations or clinical guidelines is not be considered.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.
Manufacturers of equipment for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in ambulatory settings include:
- Alltech Medical Systems (Echostar Comfort)
- Anke Tech (Supermark, ASM, OPENMARK, SuperVan)
- Aspect Imaging (Embrace)
- Canon (Vantage Galan, Vantage Titan, Vantage Elan, Vantage Orian Premium)
- Esaote (G-scan brio, O-scan, S-scan)
- General Electric (Optima, Signa)
- Hitachi (Echelon Oval, Echelon Smart, Oasis, Aperto Lucent, Airis Vento, Airis Light)
- Medonica (MagVue, MagVue Elite)
- Paramed Medical Systems (Mropen)
- Philips (Ingenia, Achieva, Intera)
- Siemens (Magnetom Aera, Espree, Avanto, Essenza, Symphony, Harmony)
- Sanrad (mStar, Centauri)
- Tecserena (Fonar Upright)
- Time Medical (Pica)
- Wandong (Open)
- Xingaoyi (Superscan, OPER)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
In Norway, the mini-HTA for magnetic technology (Magseed) for breast lesions was released in February of 2018. The method was determined as efficient, safe and was recommended to be introduced as part of the clinical routine in the hospital.Read more
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in ambulatory settings. Both MRI with and without contrast are considered. All procedure codes will be provided in the analysis. When fee for service payment model is used, all fees for available reimbursement codes will be provided. The analysis covers procedure coding, payment mechanism, reimbursement tariffs and policy restrictions in 11 EU countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.Read more