Left atrial appendage occlusion
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for left atrial appendage occlusion for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation in Europe.
The following types of procedure will be considered:
- percutaneous transluminal left atrial appendage occlusion;
- thoracoscopic left atrial appendage closure.
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered. The results will be provided for hospital settings.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.
Manufacturers of treatment of left appendage occlusion:
- Abbott Laboratories (Amplatzer Amulet)
- Aegis Medical (Sierra)
- Atricure (AtriClip)
- Biosense Webster (WaveCrest)
- Boston Scientific (WATCHMAN)
- Cardia (Ultrasept)
- Lifetech Scientific (LAmbre)
- Sentreheart (LARIAT)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
In early September 2019, the Innovation Committee of the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) has published an overview of new research projects in the area of health services to be funded by the Innovation Fund in the future.Read more
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for left atrial appendage occlusion for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation in Europe. The following types of procedure will be considered: percutaneous transluminal left atrial appendage occlusion; thoracoscopic left atrial appendage closure. The analysis covers procedure coding, payment mechanism, reimbursement tariffs and policy restrictions in 11 EU countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.Read more