Endoscopic treatment of esophagus
Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of reimbursement situation for a number of therapeutic endoscopic procedures on esophagus in Europe, including:
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of lesion of esophagus;
- Endoscopic submucosal resection of lesion of esophagus;
- Endoscopic radiofrequency ablation of lesion of esophagus;
- Endoscopic injection sclerotherapy to varices of esophagus;
- Endoscopic balloon dilation of esophagus;
- Endoscopic insertion of stent into esophagus.
Sample pages are provided for an older version of the report. Before delivery to the client, the report is updated to the current state (e.g., 2022 coding, tariffs, and policy considerations).
The following indications with be considered depending on the type of procedure:
- Barrett’s esophagus;
- Esophageal cancer;
- Esophageal varices with bleeding;
- Esophageal obstruction.
The report will cover different types of settings.
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered. The results will be provided for hospital settings.
Report includes essential information about reimbursement and national funding, including:
- Brief overview of reimbursement system for medical devices
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions in indications or scenarios for use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- Czech Republic
- England (UK)
- The Netherlands
Manufacturers of devices for endoscopic treatments of esophagus include:
- Boston Scientific (Ultraflex, Polyflex)
- ConMed (Beamer, DuraClip, NAKAO Spider-Net, BiCap)
- Cook Medical (Duetter)
- ELLA-CS (Danis, BD, HV Plus, Flexella Plus, Boubella)
- FUJIFILM (Flush Knife, Clutch Cutter, ST Hood, Endoscopy)
- Medtronic (Barrx)
- Olympus (Evis Exera, Evis Lucera Spectrum, EMR kits, DualKnife, FlexKnife, ITknife, HookKnife, QuickClip Pro)
- Restech (Stretta)
- SMT group (Niti-S: Mega, Beta, Conio, Cervical, Double)
- Smith & Nephew (Dyonics)
Table of content is not available at this moment.
On May 31, 2022, the French National Authority for Health (HAS) published the final positive opinion on the coverage of the endoscopic gastroplasty with the ENDOMINA triangulation platform under the Innovation package (Forfait innovation).Read more
In May 2022, the National Institute for Health and Care Research in England released three MedTech-related reports in its Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Journal, which concerned colonoscopy surveillance following adenoma removal and transfer of thawed frozen embryo versus fresh embryo to improve the healthy baby rate in women undergoing IVF, and digital smartphone intervention for schizophrenia. HTA Journal publishes research reports on the effectiveness, costs, and broader impact of health technologies for those who use, manage, and provide care in the NHS and informs National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidance.Read more
The French National Authority for Health (HAS) released new recommendations about add-on reimbursement of medical devices and medical aids from the meetings of the National Commission for Evaluation of Medical Devices and Health Technologies (CNEDiMTS) in April 2022. Thirty recommendations were published in relation to the registration, modification of registration conditions, and renewal of registration for devices in the List of reimbursable products and services (LPPR). Opinions concern cardiovascular and peripheral vascular, orthopedic, neurovascular, and neuromodulation and other devices, as well as medical aids.Read more
In March 2022, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) published five new Interventional Procedure Guidance (endoscopic balloon dilation for subglottic or tracheal stenosis, intramedullary distraction for lower limb lengthening, endoscopic full thickness removal of gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the stomach, percutaneous insertion of a cystic duct stent after cholecystostomy, and liposuction for chronic lipoedema), four new Medical Technologies Guidance (myCOPD, UroShield, Prontosan for wounds, and 3C Patch for diabetic foot ulcers), one new Diagnostic Guidance (terminated assessment of Freelite assays for multiple myeloma), and six new Medtech Innovation Briefings (Genedrive MT-RNR1 ID System, icobrain for multiple sclerosis, Al for analyzing chest X-ray images, and others). Also, three new clinical guidelines were published, and six were updated.Read more
On March 31, 2022, NHS Digital released HRG4+ Local Payment Grouper for 2022/23 for use from April 01, 2022. In general, there are significant changes in base HRG design. A total of 120 new HRGs were created, and multiple HRGs were removed, so the total number increased by 62 from 2,838 to 2,900.Read more