Ask the expert
The report presents a summary of the reimbursement situation for carotid endarterectomy in Europe.
The following procedures will be considered in the report:
- surgical carotid endarterectomy;
- percutaneous transluminal carotid artery angioplasty and stenting.
The analysis will cover reimbursement for the procedures in atherosclerotic occlusion and stenosis of carotid arteries during hospital admission.
The only reimbursement within public / statutory health insurance systems is considered.
The report includes essential information about reimbursement, including:
- Brief country-specific overview of reimbursement system
- Procedure coding for technology
- Diagnosis coding
- Payment mechanism for technology
- Reimbursement tariffs for technology
- Restrictions on indications or scenarios for the use of technology
- Policy considerations by payers and policy-makers about technology
Reimbursement information is provided for the following geographies:
- England (UK)
- The Netherlands
It is also possible to add analysis in Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Turkey.
Manufacturers of devices for carotid endarterectomy include:
- Abbott Vascular (RX Acculink, Xact)
- Allium Medical (Gardia)
- Balton (Mer)
- Boston Scientific (Wallstent)
- Cordis (PRECISE PRO RX, AVIATOR Plus PTA, ANGIOGUARD RX)
- InspireMD (CGuard)
- Medtronic (Protégé RX, SpiderFX, Mo.Ma Ultra)
- Optimed (Sinus-Carotid RX)
- Silk Road Medical (ENROUTE, ENHANCE)
- Terumo Corporation (Roadsaver)
Table of content is not available at the moment. Report is still ongoing.
The report presents a summary of the reimbursement situation for carotid endarterectomy in Europe. The following procedures will be considered in the report: surgical carotid endarterectomy, percutaneous transluminal carotid artery angioplasty and stenting. The analysis covers procedure coding, payment mechanism, reimbursement tariffs and policy restrictions in 11 EU countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.Read more